a scarf

5.03.2011

I made this scarf for my MIL's birthday. Unfortunately, the pictures do not 1) give it justice and 2) don't capture the real color.

Next time, I'll really try to get better pictures AND step-by-step pictures. But, I snatched the tutorial anyway from a great crafting blog. For the real tutorial, go to MADE.

(Love that site thanks to my friend and fellow sewing machine lover, Sharla, who introduced us just a few short weeks ago. I didn't know what I was missing! If you haven't been there, go check it out!)


Instead of turning and sewing all of the seams, I decided to just scallop the edges with my machine and trim the excess off. It probably would've been easier had I just turned the edges because with my gargantuan fabric scissors, the edging took HOURS. But, in the end, it turned out lovely.

(Note to self: next time, buy edging scissors. It'd be worth it.)

I finished it up with some elastic thread - also a new love! - and sent it off.



Woo hoo! What should I make next? One of these?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:55 AM

    Of course you should make the purse next! Make sure to post pictures!

    Happy sewing!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete