The Royal Wedding (?)

4.28.2011

Could someone clue me in ... why all the American fuss over Britain's royal wedding?

Photo Credit here











I mean, yeah, I'm interested in her secret dress. (But I'm not getting up at 4 a.m. for that - I'll be able to find it almost everywhere and anywhere after I get a good night's sleep.) They make a cute couple. I'm glad he found a seemingly sweet small town girl. But that's just about it.

Can someone help me out here? What's the deal with all of the buzz?

(for an interesting perspective of all the money being spent, click HERE).

3 comments:

  1. For me, it's about royalty and pomp and circumstance... we don't really have that in America. Plus, there's the allure of knowing that it's so steeply rooted in tradition, that they've been doing that for CENTURIES! Our own nation just isn't old enough to experience that kind of history.

    And I was thinking about this today... we are often quick to come alongside the rest of the world in its suffering. (Or at least we SHOULD be and the circles I run in are quick to say things like, "Pray for Japan!" "Go on a missions trip to Haiti!" etc.) I would like to be come alongside of the world when there is something joyful going on as well.

    Just my two cents. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are really good points Luc!! Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your perspective immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was one of the many up early for the wedding. For me I remember watching Princess Di's wedding as a little girl and I followed Di's life. My mom told me that one day I could be a princess. I adored Princess Di & made a scrapbook of her life. I guess I felt a bit of connection with the Royal family. I was also happy Will was marying a girl he truly loved. It was a log day for me but I loved every minute of it. I didn't like her dress but for her it was beautiful & she looked comfortable in it.

    ReplyDelete