our Garden 2011

5.11.2011

As of yesterday, my garden is planted. (Last year's was kind of a bust because I was too sick to enjoy it.)

Thanks to my in-laws and my parents for the seeds, plants, pole-bean creation and help. I decided I wanted to finish up my garden before I was left to do it alone (with a baby) and despite the very warm weather, everyone was game. Woo hoo! Let it grow!

I love watching things grow, the curled beans sprout into leafy goodness, little strawberries maturing into sweet delights. Plus, "shopping" in your backyard - can't beat that! I can't wait to teach my girl in the next few years... it's educational, sustainable and just plain fun.

tomatoes.

sweet peppers!

george's pole bean creation

garlic and a little jalapeno

parsley

cute little flower basket - don't you love the curly cue? I do!


strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth9:12 AM

    Yay for home gardens! If only I had a yard to plant one in as well. Please enjoy the goodness for me too. :) I do think you need some cilantro to go along with those peppers, jalepenos, garlic and tomatoes....but that could be because I haven't had it a whole year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth9:14 AM

    *in a whole year. (oops)

    ReplyDelete