a 25-cent gem

5.14.2011

I love deals. And, to be honest, I am fairly shy. So working up the courage to stop at garage sales is a challenge for me. (Yes, I know, make fun of me if you will.) But, this week, I found some great buys, one of which was a 25-cent 1940s cabinet record player! The outside is in bad shape, but potential is in the eye of the beholder.

I got it home and asked Jeremy how much he thought I paid for it. He said, "I hope FREE!" Well, 25-cents is almost free.We haven't seen if it works (I highly doubt it) but the player arm still has its needle. Sweet!

Stay tuned for its transformation! I'm so excited about this one. What color do you think I should paint it???

wood paneling finish peeling off

peeling
I've already peeled the whole top off!

back ruined from water damage

front view

front also damaged by water

the inside actually looks fairly decent!

so cool.

inside cabinet

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see where youre imagination takes you on this project and I do believe that was a REAL DEAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I vote you paint it red!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle and I immediately thought of vinegar painting. I'll have to send you a pic of the table his mom did for us. It's amazing! and she says it's pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete