a Tootsie Roll birthday card

3.26.2012

(*aaaaaand .... we're back!)

One of my piano students birthdays was last week (the same day as my mom's actually - happy birthday, Mom!) and I had sudden inspiration the day of to make her a fun card.

She said her favorite candy was tootsie rolls (or pops) so I made her a "bouquet" of tootsie pops and broke out the mad decoupaging skills and made her a Tootsie Roll card during naptime.





Super easy. I took brown, red and white cardstock and cut a brown rectangle, two red strips and then two rounded "candy ties". I made one tie and then inverted it and cut out the other so it would match. (If you look close you can see that the brown/red part is a little bigger than the white - it was already glued down, otherwise I would've trimmed it up. Oh well, perfection is not the goal.)

Then I googled the font on Tootsie Rolls and came up with Cooper Black. Thankfully, we had it in Word and I typed out a few different sizes of her name and printed it out. Size 60 was just perfect, so I painstakingly cut out the little letters (I left them connected in little spots so it would be easier to attach) and then decoupaged her name on so it would all be shiny like a real candy.



I am (slightly embarrassingly) still super excited about this card. Love it!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome, and the fact that the red/brown is a little bigger only makes it appear to really be wrapped around the white.
    On another note.. I have something for you and I hope to get it in the mail soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    So cool and creative! Nice job! Annette

    ReplyDelete