Lent

4.11.2014

Lent is coming to a close, Easter is almost here.

There have been years past that Easter Sunday coming was anticipated. Lent was celebrated well, thing sacrificed - the joy of "Sunday comin'" was a reality.

After college, things shifted. Some rather significant health issues, less structure to my schedule and then marriage and motherhood has quite altered my spiritual life. Partly in a good way, but what I once viewed as spiritual "discipline" is almost non-existent.

In a way, I'm okay with the life changes and adapting to my present. I adore attending my family and love my sweet, always-on-the-move child.

This Lent, I committed to a prayer time each day and I have failed. Sometimes unintentionally forgotten, sometimes completely selfishly chose my time rather than sacrificing it for a few precious, quiet moments with Him.

I confess.







It is not easy for me. It's also not easy for my disciplined, hard-working, type A personality to admit to what I see as failure.

And, again this year, my heart is unprepared for Easter.

LORD, have mercy on me, a sinner. 


***********
 
(For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Phil 2:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment