things i've made!

10.23.2010

finally! I get to show you all the things I've made since getting up at 36 weeks! so excited.













i had two pillows that desperately needed some love (purple and green corduroy) - but why should I buy new pillow forms when I had pillows just waiting for me?! i wanted to coordinate some to go in the nursery - for floor pillows or a rocker filler.

(which, btw, we still need. oh, rocker, where art thou?)

the blue pillow is slipcovered - with a great blue broadcloth (a.k.a. cheap). then, i splurged on the $2.50/ea square pink wooden buttons.



















for the other, i bought a little more expensive calico - perfectly matching with the blue and raspberry nursery colors and sewed a coordinating ruffle.

have i said before? i LOVE ruffles! way, way too much.














i've been mulling over this chicken wire dilemma for weeks - and finally realized what i could try. in the picture below, you can see where the wire insert for this old nightstand (Salvation Army $5 score) came from. but i didn't just want to stick the ugly thing back in.

so, what could i do?
1) put something else in or
2) find a way to reuse the ugly chicken wire.













so, i decided that i wanted to attempt to reuse it (since it fit and all). i'd spray painted it silver just for kicks, but still didn't like it. so i took pieces of ribbon (all different textures, sizes, etc.) -- mostly from shower gifts we've gotten -- and threaded it through and wa la! i love the whimsy of it.

(when i find a small handle for the door, i'll post the entire before and after pictures. :-) this was a piece I've been holding onto for a before/after post for months ... being sick and pregnant didn't help with my ambition.)













anyone remember this post? itty, bitty (expensive!) shoes! my sweet friend Sharla led me to another tutorial for making tiny Mary Jane shoes and I've adapted it a little bit. it is difficult to sew teeny tiny things just right, so they aren't perfect, but attempting was just so fun! all you need is an 8x10 felt sheet and coordinating 8x10 piece of fabric and with this tutorial, you have it made! try it - they are SO cute!













i actually secured these polka dotted ones with a pearl and forgot to take a picture of the finished product. you get the picture though.













and these sweet shoes are my second attempt. again, not perfect, but I altered the pattern a little bit and I'm much happier with the results. OH SO CUTE! when is she coming out to wear them!?



















finally, i finished my nursing cover from prudentbaby's tutorial. it was SO easy and only took a yard of fabric, a pair of D-rings and 14" of boning. and now i'm ready to nurse in public!! or at least in a public restroom. if she would ever come. GEEZ.

here i am, pretending to hold a baby underneath but trust me, she's still happily in my tummy. not happily for the Mama. :-)

so that is my "things I've made!" post. when the nursery is finally together, I'm planning to do a walk-through too, but we aren't quite ready. ready for baby, not ready for blogging.

:-) cheers! belly picture to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. Love them... you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks so great! was especially impressed with the chicken wire/ribbon. seriously. its amazing. jealous of your skills for sure! =D


    on anther note...my suspected due date has come and officially gone. =/

    ReplyDelete