basket: makeover

8.01.2011

we've found several things "junked" in the last few weeks. a tiffany lamp, and this table and basket. I am probably going to sell the lamp and re-do the table (once I can buy some paint and the heat settles down... it's too crazy hot to do anything outside these days).


basket before


But, I did take 5 minutes to spray paint this basket outside. I'd actually been thinking it'd be nice to have a toy basket in the livingroom to round up all of the girl's little people, stuffed animals, and books. Plus, we can start teaching her to put them away in the basket!

So I spray painted it a couple of days ago. (Secret: I actually ran out before the inside was finished, so I decided that a little basket insert would take care of that for now.)

Yesterday I made the liner with some fabric I had. I tried to recycle some elastic I painstakingly removed from a vintage sheet, but just as with the tutu, it kept breaking. Finally I gave up. It is a basket with a liner but no elastic.

basket after

Lesson learned: don't use old elastic. And if you can't buy new, don't use any at all! :-)


1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth2:07 AM

    The basket looks great! (Did you get a new living room rug?)
    Where are pictures of the Tiffany lamp? I like the table...what do you have in mind for it? I may want to buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete