Year-long Goals: the checkup

8.07.2011

In January, I told you about my reachable goals for the year. I had in mind to re-visit them on my blog half-way through the year. (I know, I know, it's over half-way, but close enough. Hey, I live with a 9-month old, gotta give myself some wiggle room.)

Here they are:
- create a family routine in the evening, especially including the spiritual, with the girl
- join a small group
- get a job
- make and use a budget
- work out 2 times a week
- meal plan for at least 2 meals a week
- send out more cards of encouragement
- thrift a couple times a month for my ultimate year-end goal, opening an Etsy shop


I'll confess first, things I have NOT done.

I have not gotten a job, worked out, or sent out more cards of encouragement and we haven't joined a small group. Also, the "check-back-in" with myself every month stopped after a few months. :-)



I won't make excuses for the above (although I have some good excuses) but focus on the things I have done.

I have created a routine in the evening for Ladybug and actually have been incorporating the spiritual into more things throughout the day. We read spiritual books and stories, have a sing-a-long several times a week (kids songs), and I sing over her while she relaxes for bedtime or at night. I am planning to incorporate quoting Scripture over her too, but I haven't actually done it.

We just made a budget and are using it this month. (YAY! Rejoice with us! This is a huge step after 3 years of marriage!)

I've meal-planned 5-6 nights a week almost every week and LOVE the freedom from my uninspired looking-in-the-cupboard-every-night-for-something-to-eat way of cooking. Even if it's not fancy, it's SO helpful. (Woo! Over-achieved my goal here!)

And I have spent some time thrifting (and junking!) for my Etsy shop. I have not, however, been bold enough to brave the gross Kansas heat to garage or estate sale as much as I should have. But, we are going to a major highway garage sale in Ohio next weekend. So excited!


So, tell me, what about YOUR reachable goals? Did you set any in January? How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment