the "chevron" wristlet turned houndstooth

10.25.2011

so i decided to try out a gift idea with my vintage (thrifted) houndstooth. boy am i ever glad i did!





how cute is this little wristlet!? i love the pop of orange inside and surprise (!) my handmade tags for my etsy shop. but i can't sell these wristlets because it's a pattern for personal use only. but, i did make it, so i'll put my tag in it, even if i can't sell them. :-)

i really wanted to make it a chevron wristlet but Hobby Lobby had NO striped cloth! Can you believe it!? appalling. Jo-Anns was too far a drive, so I went home to use the houndstooth.

oh well, i even tried my hand at putting a zipper in for the first time. (at least HL had those!)



not too bad if i say so myself!

3 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! And nice job on the bag! Zippers can seem scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely, but i conquered the zipper! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth2:51 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete