the purse hanger - finally hung

1.10.2012

Remember my purse hanger?



Three months later, it's finally up. (*smiles) Yeah, it takes me awhile to do things around here, but after the busyness of Christmas, I feel more motivated ... like things aren't weighing so heavy, things don't HAVE to be done, therefore, it's much more fun to actually get them done! Ha. I'm weird, I know. Just go with it. 

{And, just for the record, the ENTIRE three months she has been driving me crazy pulling things out of the diaper bag and my purse. That little girl can pull apart or get into just about anything these days!}

So over Christmas, I broke out my amazing and infamous can of (expensive!) Annie Sloan Chalk Paint called "Old White" and painted (and distressed) the backboard we needed to use. Since it would be holding weight we wanted it to be screwed into the wall studs. Unfortunately, I'd already made the hanger before we decided this. It was too small to do reach both studs, so I just extended it with a larger piece of walnut. 




My dad taught me how to countersink the screws so it would be flat against the wall and we glued and screwed the boards together (from the back).


Then I broke out the trusty power tool (a.k.a. drill) and after measuring twice, I drilled the holes into the studs and countersunk the 2-1/2" wood screws. Yes, I did!




A big thank you to my dad for helping with this project and my husband for the use of his power tools and for marking the studs for me. 

Love that they are off the floor and out of reach! For now at least... 

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Way to go, Lisa! I love the projects you create! Annette

    ReplyDelete