Furniture fixings.

2.09.2012

Record player update: remember this baby I picked up last summer? It's currently in Ohio getting some or all of its water-damaged 1946 innards fixed. It also still looks like this on the outside, but I've decided on yellow and plan to paint and distress when she finds her way home.


Just last week, I found another chair! A lady was having a quick garage sale (yes, in February - the weather was too nice to resist!) and I scored it for $15. I should've offered lower, but I figured that it was a good deal anyway.



Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White here you come! Just after I figure out how to remove all of the upholstery ... those staples are a beast!! I plan to paint and repair the frame and then try my hand at reupholstery. A little more of a project that just a chair seat, but I'm ready for a challenge! Now the 60 degree weather just needs to come back.


After day 1, I'd removed all the piping and took off the back. The fabric is HIDEOUS orange velour from the 70s but the foam is in really good shape. I'm hoping to re-use it.

Any upholstery tips or suggestions? I'm thinking of using more inexpensive grain sacks as fabric. Love!!

1 comment:

  1. This is gonna be cool.. can't wait for the finished product!

    ReplyDelete