New Goals (and my word for 2013)

1.07.2013

My word for 2013: "Be generous"


(and for some context)...
1 Timothy 6:17-19 
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

For the last couple of months, God has been impressing this phrase (not a word per say, but go with it) on my heart. I won't be touting around all the ways I'm doing this - although if you want to ask, I'm sure that I'd be more than willing to share with you personally.

Trust me, when He talks, I listen, because there's not much else I'm hearing these days! 

I heard (and remembered) a story about a man who had a misprint in his Bible of the above verse. The words "be generous" were repeated twice ... he took this as a go-ahead from God to indeed be generous with his life!

We don't have a bunch of money to go around, but there are so many other ways of being generous - time, talent, words, prayer ... I'm just starting to uncover all of the ways that I can be generous in my life as a woman, a wife, a mom, a friend, etc.

************

3 Simple Goals for 2013

- be generous
- keep my schedule (commitments) simple
- bake one new loaf of bread every month (new blog feature!)



Here are last year's goals.  

linking up with Layla at TLC!

1 comment:

  1. I love your views on being generous - it is definintely much more than just monetary.

    ReplyDelete