March's Loaf - Irish Brown Soda Bread

3.17.2013

Irish Brown Soda Bread seemed just right for March's loaf on a cold day supper involving a broccoli-cilantro soup.

A wheaty, dense loaf that has no yeast - so there is no resting/raising time required. Just needs about 45 minutes to bake. However, a soda bread really needs to be eaten freshly warm and in one sitting - because it doesn't last as well as yeast breads.  


Mmmm.


After cutting a 1/2" deep cross in the center of the dough, this baby raised in the oven like there was no tomorrow! I love the lack of symmetry in this crusty, handmade loaf.


Happy St. Patty's day, folks! 


See previous loaves here:
January's Loaf
February's Loaf 

**As usual, I'm not going to detail the recipes for sake of time (and my sanity with a 2year old!), but if you'd like a recipe just email me at lisamarie (dot) de (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll be happy to send you a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment