Featured Follower Friday - 1/21/11 edition

1.21.2011

Hey! I'm starting one of those blog things... like "What I Wore Wednesday" or "Furniture Fridays" or "Multitude Mondays" or... "Transformation Thursdays" ... you get the jist.

So, every Friday, until I run out of people to feature, I'm doing a "Featured Follower Friday". Now, if you aren't technically a follower ... (I know there are people read that don't follow publicly) no problem! Anyone is welcome. Share a part of your story, write about yourself, be creative, crazy, silly, poetic, whatever - and if you have a blog, make sure to link it too! Then other people can meet you, connect to your blogs, or just find out something interesting!

Wanna participate? I'd LOVE volunteers!! But I'll ask you if you don't. :-) Don't be shy ... let me share my bloggy space. Send me a picture, email, whatever.

Don't want your name in cyberspace? We can keep it anonymous or call you "Aunt Betty" or something like that.

Now, for the first edition of Featured Follower Friday:


Hello,

My name is Jeremy and I'm Lisa's husband. Lisa asked me to write a short snippet about who I am for her Featured Follower Fridays. I am the first one to do this, and I hope that many more will do it too. I think it's a pretty cool idea.


So, since I am 'featured,' here is a little bit about me.


I am Lisa's husband, and I am our girl's father. I love them both with all my heart, and I couldn't ask for a better family. I am truly happy with my life right now.


I can't really describe myself in one word, but if I had to, the word "balanced" comes to mind.

I enjoy the outdoors; the natural beauty, the activities, the fresh air, but I am equally content with being indoors; relaxing on the couch with a cup o' coffee, playing video games, surfing the net, reading a book.
I love reading fun, fictional novels, but I am equally at home with deep, academic material as well.
I can be very serious and logical, but I can also be as silly as a teenager.
I can be as hard as stone with people and issues, but I can also be as soft as down as well.

I am originally from Ohio, and no matter where I go, Ohio will always be my home. I continue to push myself spiritually and academically (although progress has been slow as of late) and I hope to get my Ph.D in theology someday. I am very thankful family, friends, and faith communities. God knows we've needed them these past few years.


I, of course, could write much, much more and go into more detail, but I think this will suffice for now. I am working on my own website and will be launching it soon. It is a combination personal and ministry website. It will link to my blog and my reviews of just about anything, and will also feature (I hope) a podcast of biblical/theological messages that I prepare. I hope people can be informed and inspired by it.


Thanks Lisa for featuring me. I love you!


Jeremy, with his 2 kids

No comments:

Post a Comment