Halloween onesie to tutu dress

10.21.2011

So, like I said earlier this week, I'm not that into Halloween. I hate horror movies, and crazy masks and dark mazes freak me out. I like autumn and pumpkins and leaves and warm mugs of cider and snuggly blankets and romantic or intriguing movies.

But, dressing up is fun and I don't mind tasteful costuming for Halloween. ((Plus, who can say no to CANDY!)) There are some pretty fun and impressive costume ideas floating around the blogosphere like this, and this, and this!

This time, last year, Ladybug's auntie Jenn gave her a little Halloween onesie. She was supposed to come no later than October 30. She was a very naughty little girl and didn't come in time to wear it (sniff!) so I promised my sister that I'd do something with it for her first Halloween this year.

And, here it is! I cut off the bottom of the onesie. Luckily, it's a wide one, and she's still tiny, so it still fits her. Although the sleeves are transitionally 3/4 length now. And, if it's chilly, she'll just wear her cute little black shrug sweater with it.

Remember the NFL tutu? I just attached a lining and the onesie to another basic black tutu. Same tiered idea. Unfortunately, some of the layers didn't get caught in the main seams and I was up to my ears in frustration trying to get them all together.

It ended up WAY shorter than I intended, but she'll just wear black leggings underneath anyway. :-) 




(so cute! the little ghosts even glow in the dark)


(here I adjusted the lighting so you could see the black layers.)

Linking up:



 Despite the sewing frustrations, I live and learn. Especially with sewing.

{Birthday plans and posts coming soon!! Can't believe my little girl's gonna be 1!}

2 comments:

  1. Cute. And sorry to say, it won't be your last frustrating sewing project. I had one last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love it! so cute!

    ReplyDelete