More Christmas Market Upcycles

9.13.2012

A few random home decor pieces that will go in my market booth...

Loved this 70s print found at a garage sale for $1. Hated the frame.


My original idea was to disassemble the frame and just reframe the butterflies in a modern oval shaped frame. (Still looking for that frame! Any ideas?)


Then I got to thinking that I should try painting the frame and using it too! (Duh!) So I painted it with black acrylic and used the heavy cardboard backing to decoupage some old sheet music to. Here's a peek:



A couple of grapevine wreathes I thrifted are going to be a sweet and simple little decor piece with white flowers and burlap "ribbon" strings.


Then I've upcycled some coffee bags into coasters. Definitely for the pretty factor, not for waterproof coaster protection. :-) I weaved in some vintage sewing notions for some fun, color and personality.




Finally, I'm using some vintage fabric (from my Grandma's stash) to make table runners. I love ruffles!



And I spent a couple hours (mostly in front of Project Runway) in several different stages, cutting and punching out these recycled cardboard tags. Lemme tell ya, my hands HURT after I was done!

But I love 'em. And I got 110 for only about $6! (Plus the stamps are reusable.)


Tell me what you think! Any other ideas just popping out that you have to share?! I'm open!

2 comments:

  1. I think some inexpensive cork on the bottom of the burlap coasters would make them waterproof/more functional. I think they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking back through your posts, feeling inspired by your projects :) Don't know if you still watch Project Runway while doing stuff like making tags... but I do! Wish I could fast forward through some of the drama, but enjoy seeing what they come up with.

    ReplyDelete